At Gardner Animal Hospital, we understand that your furry friend is not just a pet; they’re a cherished member of your family. That’s why we offer top-notch doggy day care services to keep your canine companion happy, active, and well-cared for while you’re at work or running errands. Here’s everything you need to know about our doggy day care program:
Day Care Schedule
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Drop Off Time: 7:00 AM
- Pick Up Time:
- Monday and Friday: 5:30 PM
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 6:00 PM
Before your dog can join the fun at our day care, please ensure the following:
- Up-to-Date Vaccines: Make sure your dog’s vaccines are current. This includes Rabies, Distemper, Bordetella, and a recent fecal exam. Additionally, please note that bordetella vaccine is required every 6 months if done intranasally or orally, or if the injectable form is required annually. If any of these are not up to date, we’ll schedule an exam with our veterinarian to get your pup ready for day care.
Spaying/Neutering Policy: While we don’t have a strict age requirement for spaying/neutering, we strongly encourage it. The decision may vary depending on whether you are an existing client, and it is ultimately at Gardner Animal Hospital’s discretion. If your dog is in heat, please let us know in advance.
Dogs with Special Needs: We welcome dogs with special needs, such as those with seizures or diabetes. However, please note that there may be an additional charge if your pet requires medication or extra care during their time at day care, including assistance with bathroom breaks.
Meet and Greet: There’s no need for a formal meet and greet before your dog’s first day at our day care. We offer a free first day to let your pup become familiar with our environment and meet their new furry friends.
Social Interaction: During their stay at our day care, your dog will have plenty of opportunities to interact with other friendly canines. We believe in providing a safe and enjoyable social experience for all our furry guests. First introductions are directly under our supervision when playing outside. In a group setting of over 5 dogs, they are under direct supervision. This is hard to quantify.
Run, Jump, Play: While at Doggie Daycare, your dog will have a blast as they RUN, JUMP, and PLAY with other friendly, social dogs. This not only provides them with critical SOCIALIZATION skills but also ensures they get their much-needed daily EXERCISE. Our one-acre yard is readily accessible to your furry companion, and they are always under our constant supervision. Additionally, we also offer individual play/day boarding for pets that aren’t dog-friendly, elderly, disabled, etc. A fecal exam is required every 6 months.
- Fun Filled, Four Footed, Action-Packed Play Day: Your dog will have a fantastic time engaging in action-packed activities with their furry pals.
- Plenty of Exercise: A tired dog is a well-behaved dog. We ensure your pup gets ample exercise to keep them healthy and happy.
- Great Socialization: Your dog will enjoy interacting with friendly, well-mannered dogs, improving their social skills.
- Prevents Destructive Behavior at Home: By keeping your dog engaged and active, we help prevent destructive behaviors that can occur when they’re left alone.
- Alleviates Guilty Feelings: Say goodbye to those guilty feelings about leaving your doggy home alone. We’re here to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for your furry family member.
To ensure your dog receives the best care possible, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 913-856-6255 if you have any questions or would like to schedule a visit. We can’t wait to welcome your dog into the Gardner Animal Hospital family and provide them with a tail-wagging good time at our doggy day care!
Explore Our Complete List of Veterinary Services in Gardner, KS
- Cancer Screening
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Ophthalmology Care
- Bathing Services
- Gardner Animal Shelter
- Wellness Care for Cats
- Wellness Care for Dogs
- Spay & Neuter
- Parasite Prevention
- Wellness Exams
- Dental Care
- In-House Laboratory
- Emergency and Urgent Care
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.